All successful business people is the ability to write relevant, concise, and impactful research papers and business reports. This assignment requires that you write a short paper to demonstrate your ability to analyze and interpret a number of different research sources, to “connect the dots” among them, and to summarize your conclusions in an executive and integrated format.
- Read the following one-page online articles:
- Why not socialism? (Links to an external site.) (The Washington Times)
- Economic Report of the President (Links to an external site.) mentioned in the article. (American Enterprise Institute). You may find it useful to also peruse the relevant pages of the March 2019
- Read the following materials:
- Investopedia’s Adam Smith: the father of economics (Links to an external site.). This will reinforce the key ideas you should have learned when reading one of your boot camp materials: The Condensed Wealth of Nations (Links to an external site.).
- Chapters 1 to 3 of The Essential Hayek (Links to an external site.). You may want to read the introduction so you understand Friedrich Hayek’s historic relevance.
- Allan Meltzer’s lecture
- The Heritage Foundation’s Milton Friedman & The Index of Economic Freedom (Links to an external site.)
- Using ideas from the research sources listed in 2, write a short paper that conceptually explains the arguments raised in the articles in 1. A key goal of the paper is to ‘connect the dots’ across sources and demonstrate your understanding of key concepts by integrating the ideas in an impactful manner.