Listen to the podcast: Experts on Expert with Michael Gervais (Links to an external site.)
Michael Gervais is a high-performance psychologist and co-founder of Compete to Create. In this episode of Experts on Expert, Michael sits down with the Armchair Expert to discuss working on the RedBull Stratos project, the nuisance of overcoming mental obstacles and his work with Microsoft employees to maximize work performance. The two talk about the mindfulness revolution, optimal coaching techniques and steps to train your mind.
2. Find two other credible sources to support your argument.
3. Write a brief paper on what you think you could implement into your life to reach your full potential, how can some of the suggested tactics help you lead better, and anything else that stood out as interesting to you in this podcast.
4. Remember to read the guidelines below for all details on assignment requirements to be successful.
Each week writing assignment guidelines:
This response will focus on relating concepts to the business sector that you have decided to focus on by highlighting relevant and timely examples from real-world organizations.
In this assignment, you will substantiate your position by researching and sharing at least two resource hyperlinks (textbook, news article, blog post, other research) which substantiate your response.
These written responses should be at least one and a half pages in length (1 inch margins, 12 point font, double-spaced) and will be submitted weekly through Canvas where you may author your response or upload a file.
There will be a total of 13 possible responses (maximum of 50 points each), your lowest score will be dropped.
Each individual will submit one response and be prepared to discuss their response in-class during the following meeting.
Your grade will be based on:
- clarity of your writing
- external citations
- quality of connections made between your writing and selected references
- critical thinking skills shown