Option #1: Establishing PMO Governance
Project governance is an empowering aspect of the project management office (PMO) infrastructure management. The purpose of this assignment is for you to understand and synthesize the application of PM governance as an integrating agent for enabling PMO and business success.
For this assignment, address the following items:
- Define project governance context of the PMO.
- Describe the business and stakeholder rationale for PMO governance.
- Based on a scenario of implementing a PMO in a medium-size organization:
- Describe the PMO Charter in context of project governance.
- Identify the empowerment needed to implement PMO governance.
- Describe optimal governing body for a new PMO.
- Summarize how the project governance enables the successful implementation of a PMO.
Your responses to these items should meet the following requirements:
- Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length. In addition, include a title page and reference page.
- Format your paper per the APA Guidelines.
- Cite at least three current scholarly resources, available from the school library, to support your assertions. One of the sources may be your textbook.
This weeks reading :
- Chapter 5 in The Complete Project Management Office Handbook
- Chapter sections 1.5 & 2.2 in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Schultze, U. (2014). IT project governance at Worthington health-care system. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, 4(1), 1-10. doi:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/jittc.2013.2Khalema, L. S., van Waveren, C. C., & Chan, K. (2015). The relationship between project management office maturity and organizational project management maturity: An empirical study of the South African government infrastructure departments. South African Journal of Industrial Engineering, 26(3), 12-26. doi:10.7166/26-3-1021
http://sajie.journals.ac.za/pub/article/view/1021/…The practitioner’s perspective: winning through project portfolio management. (2015, November). PMI® Thought Leadership Series. The Boston Consulting Group. Available from
HP’s account PMO framework builds worldwide consistency and success. (2013). Project Management Institute. Available from http://www.pmi.org/~/media/PDF/Case%20Study/HP-Acc…