To prepare for this assignment, make sure to complete the StrengthsFinder quiz located in the back of your book. This will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes. Click here for a video tutorial on how to complete the quiz and view your results. Then, view information about your top five strengths at “Start Here – An Overview of the StrengthsFinder Movement,” found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50J8DYo7r44&list=PLhYBLDN6sURWX7h8IdebX2CYyR9QwqoDX. Then view information about your top five strengths at “Strategic – Learn more about your innate talents from Gallup’s Clifton StrengthsFinder!” found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWM36m3d48&list=PLxDaK7wIyw9609RQuIcVwcCtJ6j17hmO4&index=1.
Write a one to three (1-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe your initial reaction to finding out your top five strengths.
- Explain how your top five strengths relate to your leadership style. Determine how they relate to the key functions you would need to perform as a manager.
- Determine what traits you need to work on the most to become a good leader. Then, explain whether these traits differ from the strengths you need to be a good manager.
- Indicate which of your strengths you anticipate you will use the most in college or a future career.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the primary functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, controlling) and the associated skills, tools, and theoretical approaches that can be used to accomplish these functions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.